- Feature Links
The following information explains the City of Murrieta's (City) policy regarding the use of information visitors may supply to it when visiting the Murrieta website and affiliated pages that are part of the City's official website as well as any information that may be provided to the public by the City's official site.
The official City of Murrieta website is intended for City of Murrieta business only. It is intended to provide information about the operation of the City, to clarify the function of City departments and services and provide guidance to members of the public who desire/require City services. Information (words, photos and graphics) on the website are intended in every respect to be one-way and informational in nature.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
Collection of Information
You may be presented with opportunities to share personal information online with the City in order to facilitate better correspondence and service. This information includes but is not limited to email addresses, responses to surveys, registering for services and new services to be created. The City will not disclose this information to any third party, unless required to do so under federal or state law, including, but not limited to the California Public Records Act.
Use of Information
Unless otherwise stated, the City and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to written authorization or other valid legal use, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or photos from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out herein and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
- The City's goal in collecting personal information online is to provide you, with the most personalized and effective service possible. By understanding your needs and preferences, the City will be in a better position to provide you with improved service. The City will maintain the confidentiality of information it receives online to the same extent it is legally able to do so with respect to information obtained through other means.
- Using email addresses provided at registration or otherwise, users are giving the City permission to periodically send out email newsletters and promotional email to our users about website updates, and product and service information offered by the City.
- Users may indicate that they do not wish to receive email information from the City. Upon request, the City will remove users (and their information) from the City database or permit them to elect not to receive any further email newsletters or contact.
- Communications made through email and messaging systems shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the City is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without the City of Murrieta's express written consent.
- You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications;
- You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without the City of Murrieta's express written consent.
City of Murrieta Disclosure Statement
The City does not warrant:
- That the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- That defects will be promptly corrected;
- That this site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components;
- That the City is responsible for the content or the privacy policies of websites to which it may provide links.
- The City's web servers are maintained to provide public access to City information via the Internet. The City's web services and the content of its web servers and databases are updated on a continual basis. While the City attempts to keep its web information accurate and timely, the City neither warrants nor makes representations or endorsements as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, hyperlinks, and other items contained on this server or any other server. Web materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice from the City as a result of updates and corrections. Further, some materials on the City's website and related links may be protected by copyright law, therefore, if you have any questions regarding whether you may: a) modify and/or re-use text, images or other web content from a City server, b) distribute the City's web content, and/or c) "mirror" the City's information on a non-City server, please contact the City's Public Information Office.
Security in General
The City uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to the City secure.