Subfacility of California Oaks Sports Park & Pool
Have you heard the news? The California Oaks Skate Park will be open seven days a week from dawn to dusk starting on March 16, 2020. There will no longer be staff supervision on-site, which means no membership is required to use the skate park. All participants, regardless of age, are required by state law to wear proper safety gear while using the facility at their leisure. Participants also must adhere to all posted skate park rules as well as general City of Murrieta parks ordinances.
The Skate Park will be open from dawn to dusk every day; however, the Skate Park is subject to closure on extremely hot days, rain, and other events deemed to be hazardous to a person's health.
When the Murrieta Skate Park closes at dusk, that time will be 15 minutes after the estimated scheduled sunset time. View the estimated sunset time.
Safety Equipment Rule
Without exception, all participants, regardless of age, are required to wear proper safety gear. At a minimum, this includes a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.
- All safety gear must be functional, protective, properly sized, and designed for their intended use at the skate park facility.
- Hard plastic caps, for skateboard/scooter knee pads and elbow pads, offer the most impact and abrasion protection.
- All pads must have at least a 1/2 of an inch thickness of padding, and cannot be less than five inches in length (Jr. pads that are less than five inches in length are allowed for only Jr. participants).
- Pads must be properly secured within itself as well as to the skater's body according to manufacturing specifications and may not be altered in any way.
- An adult must supervise every person using the skate park facility who is under the age of fourteen.