How do I get a copy of plans and or past permits?

State law requires that plans become copyrighted documents when an architect or engineer has placed their professional seal upon them. The plans may not be duplicated without the written authorization of the architect or engineer who prepared them. The law also requires the owner of the plans to authorize the duplication of the plans.

In order to receive copies of the City’s set of approved plans, an Affidavit for Duplication of plans must be completed and submitted to the Building Safety Department with a processing fee. Contact the Building Safety Department at 951-461-6062 for current processing fee and procedures.

To see what the City of Murrieta has on file you can request records through the City Clerks webpage.  

Show All Answers

1. How do I submit my plans electronically?
2. Do I need an appointment to submit my plans?
3. How do I request a building inspection?
4. Does someone need to be present at the job site for the inspection?
5. What is required for Plan Review submittal?
6. How do I know if my inspection was approved?
7. If I have a problem or question, when can I talk to my Inspector?
8. How do I get a Certificate of Occupancy?
9. How do I apply for a building permit?
10. Do I need a permit to replace my water heater?
11. Do I need a permit to replace my wood fence?
12. Do I need a permit to build a short retaining wall or planter wall?
13. When will my permit expire?
14. Can I review permit and plan records for my property?
15. Do I need a building permit for a storage shed?
16. What are the hours of inspection?
17. What time will my inspector show up?
18. Can I get an inspection without a city issued permit?
19. What do I need when my inspector shows up for my inspection?
20. How do I get a copy of plans and or past permits?