What should I do if I observe a homeless camp?

Upon observing a homeless encampment you should call the Murrieta Police Department non-emergency number at 951-696-3615. Providing the Communications Center with an accurate location and description of the camp will assist responding officers in locating and contacting the occupants of the camp. Once the camp is located and the occupants have been contacted, what is actually done about the camp is dependent on many factors. The responding officers will work closely with the many resources available to determine the best course of action to take regarding the removal of the camp, which typically occurs within hours or up to a few days at the most.

Show All Answers

1. What is the homelessness situation like in the City of Murrieta?
2. Are there any resources for the homeless in southwest Riverside County?
3. What should I do if I observe a homeless camp?
4. Is panhandling legal?
5. Is it illegal for the homeless to have shopping carts?
6. Can the homeless spend all day in the city parks?
7. Is drinking alcohol or using marijuana in public illegal?
8. Is it illegal for someone to remove recyclables from trash bins placed at the curb?