October 21, 2019
Contact: Scott Agajanian, Deputy Development Svc. Director: 951-461-6003 OR Robin Godfrey, Public Information Officer: 951-461-6007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
High-Level Investors Connect with Murrieta Based Biotech Start-ups
The City of Murrieta, InSoCal Connect, and eight different biotech companies located in the Murrieta Innovation Center recently traveled to Silicon Valley to promote local innovation to high-level venture capital investors. The event, which was hosted and promoted by Angel Launch, sold out with 50 investors and over 300 attendees seeking information on opportunities in South Riverside County. This collective outreach showcased the strength of Murrieta’s entrepreneurial community and strengthened the potential to draw major investments to the region.
The local biotech startups that participated in this event included:
- Trio Pharmaceuticals, a cancer therapeutics startup that has invented single-agent dual-action cancer drugs to stop both cancer growth and immunosuppression. www.triopharmaceuticals.com
- Sandhill Crane Diagnostics, which is currently developing a wireless medical diagnostic testing system for use in global rural and other low-resource healthcare settings. www.sandhillcranedx.com
- Tx Genetic Research, a dynamic tissue systems approach that centers on the condition of our epithelial mucosa. www.txgenetic.com
- EpigeneticsRx offers a comprehensive set of personalized, preventative healthcare tools for physicians and their patients. www.epigeneticsrx.com
- Alliance Research Centers is a comprehensive clinical research site management organization focused on improving the clinical trials process to increase enrollment, lower costs and accelerate the delivery of effective medical solutions. www.researchalliance.com
- GattaCo invented a patented Capillary Pressure Re-Set Technology that replaces the traditional approach to processing blood samples by using a centrifuge and allows separation by a number of different factors. www.gattaco.com
- Murrieta Genomics provides technologies, training, mentorship and incubation to the next generation of biotechnology companies. It is focused on analysis of human and agricultural genomes using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology. www.murrietagenomics.com
- SimpliSeq is a Murrieta Genomics start-up that allows doctors to select treatments that are tailored to the individual based on a genomic sequencing of the patient and their disease. The process improves accuracy, reduces costs and decreases turnaround times.
With the rapid growth of biotech innovation in SW Riverside County, there are increasing prospects for investors and clear benefits to the community as the local economy continues to strengthen and diversify. For more information about the regional startup ecosystem, the types of industry that is forming in the area and the efforts to grow angel investment and venture capital funding, contact Scott Agajanian in the City’s Economic Development Department at 951-461-6007.
# # #
Murrieta Genomics with president John Powers