Learn more about the City of Murrieta's Hillside Ordinance and which properties it affects at an upcoming community workshop.
WHAT IS PROPOSED?
• Presentation by staff on existing hillside ordinance to seek input from the community for future updates.
• Areas that will be discussed with questions/answers: include the existing/proposed Hillside Overlay and height allowance for structures, height measurement criteria, hillside slope applicability, average slope calculation, Prominent Ridge Overlay, and retaining walls.
A map of areas impacted by the Hillside Ordinance can be found on our website here
WHY ARE THESE UPDATES NEEDED?
• Staff has discovered inconsistent standards between existing Municipal Code sections that may challenge the interpretations of the current standards.
• Staff has received feedback from some project applicants/homeowners that the City’s Hillside standards and general height standards are overly complicated.
• When the Ordinance was initially adopted in 1997, the communities’ goals of having these standards may be different from that of today.
• The Planning Commission directed staff at its January 25, 2023, to have a workshop with the community.
• The overall goal of these updates is to address all of this more concisely and accurately for project applicants/homeowners and City staff.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Alderwood Park Clubhouse, 28796-28622 Baxter Rd., Murrieta, CA 92563
It is the intention of the City to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. Upon request, the agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. If you require modification, accommodation, or special assistance to attend or participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk Department at (951) 461-6030 at least 48 hours before the meeting date. The 48-hour notification period will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Have questions? Reach out to Chris Tracy, AICP, Senior Planner, at (951) 461-6046 or by email at [email protected].