City of Murrieta
Notice Inviting Bids
Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Project 2020/21
City Project No. 19-435
CIP No. 13040
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Murrieta, Riverside County, California, will receive electronic sealed bids up to 3:00:00 p.m., on Thursday, the 4th day of May, 2023 on the City of Murrieta Vendor Portal through PlanetBids upon which time the bids will be opened electronically. The link to register as a bidder and electronically bid on this project can be found at the following address: www.MurrietaCA.gov/planetbids.
- All of Said work is to be performed in accordance with the Plans and Specifications entitled CDBG Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Project 2020/21, Project No. 19-435, which are available for purchase online at www.MurrietaCA.gov/planetbids. The cost is fifty dollars ($50.00) (non-refundable) per set of Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents which must be purchased online. They cannot be purchased or mailed from City Hall. The bid package may be viewed at the Engineer Counter of City Hall located at 1 Town Square, Murrieta, California, 92562. For questions regarding the purchase of Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents please call: (951) 461-6070. For all other questions, please contact Garrett Strang, Project Manager at (951) 461-6085 or at [email protected].
- The contractor shall be licensed in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 9, Division 3, of the Business and Professions Code. The classification of Contractor's license required in the performance of this Contract is: Class A
- All contractors and subcontractors must be registered with the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California (DIR) prior to submitting a bid on any public works project, pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5. Bids from contractors and subcontractors that are not currently registered as required will be deemed nonresponsive. This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the DIR.
- FEDERAL FUNDING - This project is being financed with Community Development Block Grant funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (24 CFR Part 570) and subject to certain requirements including: compliance with Section 3 (24 CFR Part 75) Economic Opportunities requirements; payment of Federal Davis-Bacon prevailing wages; Federal Labor Standards Provisions (HUD 4010); Executive Order #11246; and others. Information pertaining to the Federal requirements is on file with the County of Riverside Department of Housing Homelessness Prevention and Workforce Solutions.
- PREVAILING WAGES - Pursuant to Section 1773 of the Labor Code, the general prevailing wage rates, including the per diem wages applicable to the work, and for holiday and overtime work, including employer payments for health and welfare, pension, vacation, and similar purposes, in the County of Riverside in which the work is to be done, have been determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California. These wages are set forth in the General Prevailing Wage Rates for this project, available from the California Department of Industrial Relations’ Internet web site at www.dir.ca.gov. Future effective prevailing wage rates which have been predetermined and are on file with the California Department of Industrial Relations, are referenced but not printed in the general prevailing wage rates.
The Federal minimum wage rate requirements, as predetermined by the Secretary of Labor, are set forth in the books issued for bidding purposes, referred to herein as Project Bid Documents (Special Federal Provisions), and in copies of this book which may be examined at the office described above where the project plans, special provisions, and proposal forms may be seen. Addenda to modify the minimum wage rates, if necessary, will be issued to holders of the Project Bid Documents.
- The successful bidder shall be required to furnish labor and material bonds and faithful performance bonds to the City of Murrieta in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the amount of the Contract.
- Pursuant to Section 22300 of the Public Contract Code of the State of California, the Contract will contain provisions permitting the successful bidder to substitute securities for any monies withheld by the City of Murrieta to ensure performance under the Contract.
- Each bidder must scan and submit the following documents with its electronic bid prior to the bid date and time listed above: Proposal, Bid Bond at Ten Percent (10%) of the Base Bid, Executed Contract and Federal Bid Forms. The bidder can utilize a cashier’s check in lieu of a bid bond in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the base bid. If a cashier’s check is used, it shall be delivered to the City Clerk in a sealed envelope at 1 Town Square, Murrieta, CA 92562 prior to the bid date and time listed above.
- The work to be done consists of furnishing all materials, equipment, tools, labor, and incidentals as required by the Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents for the above-stated project. The general items of work to be done hereunder consist of: removal and/or reconstruction of ADA access ramps and associated work such as curb, gutter, spandrel/cross gutters, sidewalks, aggregate base, minor asphalt pavement work striping, traffic control, and all other ancillary work as shown on the Plans and as specified in the Special Provisions.
- The City Council reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to delete portions of the work, or to waive any defect or informality in any bid received.
- There will be an optional pre-bid conference at at 10:00 a.m., on Thursday, the 20th day of April, 2023,, located at Murrieta City Hall 1 Town Square, Murrieta CA. 92562.
- Deadline to submit pre-bid RFI’s will be 3:00:00 p.m., on Thursday, the 27th day of April, 2023 Questions may be submitted via the Planetbids question submittal portal or contact Garrett Strang, Project Manager at (951) 461-6085, or at [email protected].
- The Engineer’s Estimate for this project is $615,000.
Cristal McDonald, City Clerk
Dated: April 3, 2023
Published: April 6, 2023, and April 14, 2023