CITY OF MURRIETA
NOTICE INVITING BIDS
VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL PROJECT
CITY PROJECT No. 23-462/CIP No. 8513
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Murrieta, Riverside County, California, will receive electronic sealed bids up to 2:00 p.m., on Monday, the 1st day of May, 2023, on the City of Murrieta Vendor Portal through PlanetBids upon which time the bids will be opened electronically. The link to register as a bidder and electronically bid on this project can be found at the following address: www.MurrietaCA.gov/planetbids.
2. All of said work is to be performed in accordance with the Plans and Specifications entitled “VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL PROJECT, City Project No. 23-462” which are available for purchase online at www.MurrietaCA.gov/planetbids. The cost is fifty dollars ($50.00) (non-refundable) per set of Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents which must be purchased online. They cannot be purchased or mailed from City Hall. The bid package may be viewed at the Engineer Counter of City Hall located at 1 Town Square, Murrieta, California, 92562. For questions regarding the purchase of Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents please call: (951) 461-6070. For all other questions, please contact Bryan Tuschhoff, Project Manager at (951) 461-6115, or at email@example.com
3. The contractor shall be licensed in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 9, Division 3, of the Business and Professions Code. The classification of Contractor's license required in the performance of this Contract is: Class A.
4. All contractors and subcontractors must be registered with the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California (DIR) prior to submitting a bid on any public works project, pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5. Bids from contractors or subcontractors that are not currently registered as required will be deemed nonresponsive. This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the DIR.
5. Pursuant to the provisions of Section 1773 of the Labor Code of the State of California, City has obtained the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work in this locality for each craft, classification, or type of workman needed to execute the contract from the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations. These rates are on file with the Project Manager. Copies may be obtained at cost at the City Clerk's Office, City of Murrieta.
6. The successful bidder shall be required to furnish labor and material bonds and faithful performance bonds to the City of Murrieta in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the amount of the Contract.
7. Pursuant to Section 22300 of the Public Contract Code of the State of California, the Contract will contain provisions permitting the successful bidder to substitute securities for any monies withheld by the City of Murrieta to ensure performance under the Contract.
8. Each bidder must scan and submit the following documents with its electronic bid prior to the bid date and time listed above: Proposal, Bid Bond at Ten Percent (10%) of the Base Bid, and Executed Contract. The bidder can utilize a cashier’s check in lieu of a bid bond in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the base bid. If a cashier’s check is used, it shall be delivered to the City Clerk in a sealed envelope at 1 Town Square, Murrieta, CA 92562 prior to the bid date and time listed above.
9. The work to be done consists of furnishing all materials, equipment, tools, labor, and incidentals as required by the Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents for the above-stated project. The general items of work to be done hereunder consist of: Demolition of the existing Vietnam Memorial Mock-Up and appurtenances; construction of new concrete cast in place monument footings and walls; installation of City provided granite veneer panels; installation of decomposed granite pathway, and synthetic turf, all as shown on the Plans, Standard Plans, and specified in the Special Provisions.
10. The City Council reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to delete portions of the work, or to waive any defect or informality in any bid received.
11. Prospective bidders shall attend a Mandatory pre-bid conference at 8:00 a.m., on Monday, the 10th day of April, at Town Square Park located at 11 Town Square, Murrieta, CA, 92562.
12. The Engineer’s Estimate for this project is $400,000.
Cristal McDonald, City Clerk
Dated: March 22, 2023
Published: March 27, 2023 and April 6, 2023