The Murrieta Hills Specific Plan Amendment and related applications
Recommended Action: That the Planning Commission ADOPT a resolution RECOMMENDING that the City Council:
1) ADOPT a resolution certifying the Environmental Impact Report (SCH 2014-031045) including Facts and Findings and Statement of Overriding Considerations, ADOPTION of the Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines; and
2) APPROVE General Plan Amendment No. 012-3165, an amendment to the City of Murrieta General Plan 2035, for both the Murrieta Hills Specific Plan project area and approximately 187 acres of land located immediately south of the Murrieta Hills Specific Plan project area owned by the Riverside County Regional Conservation Authority, that proposes to change the current Riverside County Land Use Designations of Rural Mountainous (RM), Rural Community-Estate Density Residential (RC-EDR) and Rural Community -Low Density Residential (RC-LDR) to City of Murrieta General Plan Land Use Designations of Single Family Residential, Mixed-Use, Community Commercial and Parks and Open Space and designate McElwain Road on the Murrieta Circulation Element from Keller Road to the southern terminus of the Murrieta Hills Project site; and
3) APPROVE Specific Plan Amendment No. 012-3164, the Murrieta Hills Specific Plan Amendment that proposes a maximum of 750 dwelling units, approximately 18 acres of commercial uses, 12 acres of mixed use development that includes a maximum of 193 dwelling units, a 4.6 acre neighborhood park, approximately 9 acres of pocket parks, a 2.7 acre HOA community center, 37 acres of linear natural open space and approximately 608 acres of natural open space that will be dedicated to the Riverside County Regional Conservation Authority (RCA); and
4) APPROVE Change of Zone 013-3312 for both the Murrieta Hills Specific Plan project area and the property owned by the Riverside Regional Conservation Authority from the current County of Riverside zoning designation of Rural Residential (RR) and to pre-zone the Specific Plan Project Area into City of Murrieta zoning designations of: Single Family Residential (SF-2), Estate Residential (ER-3) Mixed Use (MU) Community Commercial (CC) and Open Space (OS);
5) APPROVE Tentative Tract Map 35853 that proposes a total of 597 lots including: 557 single family lots; 1 mixed use lot; 1 commercial lot; 1 neighborhood lot; 11 HOA park lots; 17 water quality lots and 9 open space lots, which includes those requirements and conditions necessary to ensure that the project is implemented in a manner consistent with State law and City regulations as set forth in the Resolution of Approval; and
6) APPROVE Development Agreement No. 2018-1631, a contractual agreement between the City of Murrieta and the Applicant, Pulte, BP Pacific that relates to the timing and conditions of approval regarding the Murrieta Hills Project.