MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
PROMOTE RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT
Serve on the 2021-2022
Riverside County Civil Grand Jury
• Ensure that county, city and local government agencies operate responsibly, legally, and ethically.
• Improve local government with your recommendations.
• Respond to citizen complaints about local government.
• Assure that our local tax dollars are spent wisely.
• Evaluate conditions at our county’s jails and prisons.
Information: www.riverside.courts.ca.gov or 951-777-3644
Application deadline: April 02, 2021
• 1 yr. Resident of Riverside County
• U. S. Citizen
• 18 or older Knowledge of English
• Sound judgment and character
• Daily stipend plus mileage and parking
The role of a Grand Jury differs substantially from that of a trial jury. It is a fulltime assignment. Duties of the Civil Grand Jury include: To act as the public’s watchdog by investigating and reporting upon the affairs of local government; weigh allegations of misconduct against public officials and determine whether to present formal accusations; review and act upon letters or complaints from citizens of Riverside County. Jury members take the oath of office on July 1, 2021, meet four days per week in downtown Riverside, and serve for one year. Grand Jury proceedings are closed to the public.