Get counted online, by mail or by phone
With Census 2020 stopping a month ahead of schedule, and COVID providing a major distraction, we risk an undercount that could cost our community hundreds of thousands of dollars and impact our representation in Congress. You can help.
How you can help
- If you have already submitted your Census information; thank you! If not, please get counted asap. It takes less than 10 minutes and you can participate online, by phone, or by mail.
- Certain groups are more likely be missed. These include renters, seniors, families with shared custody, large households, immigrants and new citizens. If you have people in your life that fall into these categories, consider being a champion for the Census.
Why Census matters
- Getting counted brings money to our City that impacts streets and roads, public safety and schools, and programs for seniors, children and families. Money comes to communities through grants and government funding that is determined based on population and demographics.
- Getting counted brings the right businesses to our City. Businesses use the Census to decide if a community is a match.That’s right, they choose us. Let’s showcase our shopping power.
- Census helps to determine our representation in Congress for the next 10 years. We want to get it right!