Virtual Parks & Recreation
Welcome to the City of Murrieta’s Parks & Recreation Virtual Resource Center! This is your place for helpful resources, education at home and most importantly FUN during these uncharted times. We are committed to ensuring that our resilient community members have resources to maintain healthy lives, grow meaningful relationships and continue to have extraordinary experiences.
Visit this page often or follow us on Facebook for new updates and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, entertained and informed. Please note that we do not endorse or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Have a great idea or resource you’d like to share? Email us
Stay current on COVID-19 updates by visiting our website www.MurrietaCA.gov/coronavirus.
Connect with Others
Although we’re all social distancing physically, as humans we need to stay connected emotionally. Try one or two of these out every day.
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to in a while to check-in.
- Write a letter.
- Support a local restaurant. Many restaurants are still open for takeout or delivery orders.
- Support your favorite joints and order food for pick up or try out Doordash or Ubereats and have it brought to you.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep.
- Make time to unwind.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment. Practicing mindfulness involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
Arts and Crafts
- Happiness is Homemade - Let your kids express themselves through art! This website has great ideas for all ages.
- What Moms Solve - Arts and Crafts in motion! Let your kids help build obstacle courses, games, and other fun activities to keep everyone entertained.
- Kids Activities Blog - There are a lot of companies offering free subscriptions right now.
- PBS Socal At-Home Learning - PBS SoCal and KCET provided digital resources you can access to continue learning at home.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar - In the internationally acclaimed The Very Hungry Caterpillar, a tiny caterpillar eats and eats…and eats his way through the week.
- Good Housekeeping - Need to get some movement into your daily schedule? Here are some fitness studios and gyms offering free workout programs/routines.
- Older Adult Workouts - Here are some great resources for older adults.
- Fitness Blender - How about getting the kids involved?
- Do Yoga With Me - Free Yoga videos.
Food and Nutrition
- Murrieta Valley Unified School District is offering "grab and go" meals now through March 27. Check their website for more information and updates by clicking here.
- Senior meal pick-ups are being offered at the Murrieta Senior Center. You must be a current participant of the Murrieta Senior Center lunch program or fill out an application prior to receiving meals. If you are interested, please call 951-461-6109 or email AHalvorson@murrietaca.gov .
Science and Nature
- Scholastic - Science resources for students.
- Redwood National Park Tour - Go on a virtual hike through Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park.
- Aquarium of the Pacific - Engage with their exhibits and animals virtually.
Travel and Leisure