City Clerk Passport Services v2We are now offering passport services at City Hall. You can stop by the City Clerk's office during regular officer hours to submit your passport application. We can also help with renewals and photos ($10 per photo). Read on for the details:

Applying for a Passport

  • All applicants must appear in person including children.

  • Both parents must accompany minor children.

  • You must supply social security numbers for applicants.

  • For your convenience, you may download and bring your completed forms. City Clerk also has copies of all forms if you wish to fill them out on site.

  • TWO separate checks or money orders per application are required. 

    • U.S. Department of State Passport Application Fees: Check or Money Order only (see below for fee schedule).
    • City of Murrieta Processing Fees: Cash, Money Order, Checks payable to the City of Murrieta ($35.00 per passport).
    • All fees are non-refundable.
  • For complete information on all required forms you need to bring to your appointment, visit the Department of State's How to Apply for a Passport page.

  • Please allow about 15 minutes per applicant, barring crowds. City Hall is closed alternate Fridays. Please check our calendar if you're planning a Friday visit.


Passport Application TypeInstructions & application download16 and Older Under 16
DS-11 New Passport application (and renewal of passports more than 15 years old) DS-11  $110  $80
Passport Card DS-11  $30 $15
DS-82 Passport Renewal by Mail (for passports less than 15 years old) DS-82  $110 N/A

Emergency Passports:  If you are traveling within two weeks and require an emergency passport you must make an appointment with the National Passport Facility in Los Angeles. Proof of Travel will be required (e.g. airline tickets) Contact (877) 487-2778 to make an appointment.

The City Clerk's Office can provide the following services:

  1. First-time passports. Use form DS-11
  2. Renewal of passports that were issued more than 15 years ago. Use form DS-11
  3. Passports for Minors – special requirements for minors under the age of 18:
  4. Replacement of lost or stolen passports use form DS-64 and DS-11