Transaction and Use Tax (Measure T) Oversight Committee
- Review revenue and expenditure reports prepared by City staff as they relate to the receipt and use of transactions and use tax revenue;
- Receipt and consideration of reports from the City Manager or his or her designee on the operational impacts citywide of the transactions and use tax revenue;
- Review economic trends;
- Provide biennial reports to the City Council on the revenue and expenditure history for the prior biennial budget period, including how expenditures align with priorities set by the City Manager under the authority of and in keeping with the annually established goals of the City Council. The report shall be provided in March of each even-numbered year and shall discuss the Oversight Committee's activities since the last report, as they relate to the prior biennial budget cycle (ending on June 30th of the prior calendar year) and to make recommendations on future use of funds;
- Review staff recommendations to the City Council on future use of transactions and use tax funds (based on revenue and expenditure reports and economic trends); and
- Meet on a bi-annual basis, in January and July of each calendar year (starting in July of 2019), to receive a budget report and operational report from City staff.
Regular Member (Resident, business owner, and financial background)
Term Expiration: December 31, 2028
* The Oversight Committee shall be composed of three (3) members of the Murrieta community, with at least one representative from the Murrieta business community and at least one member who is a resident of the City, and with at least two of the members having background or experience in accounting, budgeting, or other relevant areas of fiscal responsibility.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.