Veterans Resources & Information
The City of Murrieta is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment for its military veterans and their families. This Veterans Resource Center page is designed to provide support for all our veterans and active military personnel and their families as they navigate the transition to civilian life.
If you don't already live in Murrieta, you should know that Murrieta was named a "Top Community for Military Families" by the Press Enterprise. Murrieta was given this designation for its strong sense of community, numerous programs honoring those who serve in the military, and schools ranked in the top 10% in the nation! Read more about how Murrieta appreciates your service.
Military-Themed Special Events
Not only does Murrieta offer a high quality of life for its residents, but the City holds several military-themed special events throughout the year, including the following:
- Lavish Mother's Day brunch honoring military women and military moms
- Memorial Day Remembrance Ceremony
- Veterans Day Parade recognizing all branches of the military
- Field of Honor presented by the Rotary Club of Murrieta with more than 2,000 full-sized American flags representing veterans, active-duty personnel, Bronze Star recipients, and public safety personnel
- 9/11 ceremony paying 9/11 ceremony paying tribute to those that perished on September 11, 2001
Murrieta Town Square Park is also home to the Veterans Memorial. A tall, granite obelisk stands proudly above a series of walls depicting dramatic and emotional imagery of our men and women who have served and sacrificed in our nation's defense.
If you are a veteran interested in services and information, please visit our Veterans Resource Center.
VA Loma Linda Healthcare System offers a free Veteran transportation bus system for those residing in the Murrieta area that have medical appointments at the main medical center. This transportation system provides Veterans with a safe, expedited round trip to and from the VA, without the worry of driving in themselves or taking a long bus ride. For additional information on transportation to VA appointments and services, please visit their website.