Council Member Christi White
Council Member, District 2
Term Expires: December 2022
Office Hours: Call for an Appointment
(951) 698-9885 Fax
Personal Goal Statement
I care deeply about the City of Murrieta and our Region. A fiscal conservative, you will find that I have strong goals involving a balanced budget, maintaining Murrieta’s excellent quality of life, supporting Veterans, public safety, with an emphasis on jobs and sustainable economic development.
Another goal is to ensure that current and future residents experience all the best that Murrieta has to offer, including transparency, accessibility, and accountability from each elected official.
We have a strategic location for new jobs and businesses to thrive. A further goal is to ensure that Murrieta is known as one of the most business-friendly cities in California. Working with my Council Colleagues, our City Manager and Staff, together we’ll promote red carpet programs and processes to facilitate quality jobs, business entry, expansion, and retention. Our future is bright.
It is an honor to serve on Murrieta’s City Council. Murrieta is known for our informed, solutions-oriented, caring, and deeply engaged citizens. Let’s work together to proactively move Murrieta forward. Please attend our City Council meetings to learn more about Murrieta. Take advantage of the opportunity to have your voice heard during public comments. Also, wherever you live in Murrieta, please feel free to contact me to share your thoughts and ideas.
Professionally, Christi White has a strong business background with 20+ years’ experience in the private sector, as well as significant experience in the nonprofit sector. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Management degree from the University of Redlands. Christi worked in small business environments as well as Fortune 500 companies. Marketing, business development, strategic alliances, operations, and customer service are her passions, along with building strong brands, tenaciously solving challenges, and achieving fully engaged partnerships. Christi is a collaborator, a negotiator, a team player, who has mentored others while demonstrating servant leadership skills.
A high-energy leader and business developer, Christi understands the fundamentals of economic development, what will attract new companies and jobs to our City, and what is needed for start-up organizations to build businesses in Murrieta.
Personally, Christi is a Southern California native, who has traveled extensively. She lived in Mexico City, as well as Sydney and Melbourne, NSW, Australia. Her father served in the United States Navy, her nephew-in-law serves in the police force, and her brother is a fire captain in Orange County, California. Christi is a life-long equestrian, training and competing in local, state, and national horse shows. She loves the scenic Murrieta area that incorporates the best of both rural and urban environments.
To give back to our community, Christi has a long record of community service. She is a sworn officer with the Riverside County Court, Juvenile Division, has served as the mentor, advocate, and educational rights holder for a foster child, and donates marketing, public relations, and fundraising skills to local area nonprofits such as Habitat for Humanity Inland Empire and Circle of Safe-T.
Current City-Related Agency and Committee Assignments
- Commission Appointments Ad-Hoc Subcommittee
- Economic Development Ad-Hoc Subcommittee
- International Relations Ad-Hoc Subcommittee
- Trails Ad-Hoc Subcommittee
- Regional Conservation Authority, alternate
- Riverside County Habitat Conservation Agency, alternate
- Western Riverside Council of Governments, alternate
Community Involvement (past and present)
- Murrieta Commissioner, Parks and Recreation, May 2016 to January 2019
- Acting Chair
- Vice Chair
- Murrieta Equestrian Park Master Plan
- County of Riverside Workforce Development Board
- West Regional Committee Member
- Southwest Regional Committee Member
- Sworn Officer with the Riverside County Juvenile Court
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for Foster Children in Riverside County
- Educational Rights Holder and Advocate for Special Needs Foster Child (Past)
- Social Media Coordinator for Habitat for Humanity Inland Empire (Past)
- Marketing and Public Relations Consultant for Circle of Safe-T Inland Empire
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Valley View Homeowners Association, Glendale, California (Past)
- Initiated activities to bring HOA into compliance with various California Civil Codes under the Davis-Sterling Act
- Evaluation and Nominating Committee Member, Riverside County Workforce
- Development Board for the Jamil Dada Character Excellence Youth Awards
- Inland Empire Economic Forecast Conference: 2017 and 2018
- Southwest Regional Economic Forecast Conference: 2016, 2017, and 2018
- San Bernardino County Economic Forecast Conference: 2017
- State of Riverside County Annual Conference: 2017 and 2018
- County Superintendent State of Education Conference for Riverside County Office of Education
- Southwest California Legislative Council (SWCLC)
- Economic Development Coalition
- Murrieta/Wildomar Chamber of Commerce Activities and Events
- Murrieta Innovation Center
- Murrieta Vision Plan
- Murrieta Downtown Specific Plan
Education and Other Information
- Bachelor of Arts in Management, University of Redlands
- Extensive national and international travel experience
- Previously lived in Mexico City, as well as Melbourne and Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Lived in Murrieta Valley area since 2002
- Murrieta homeowner since January 2013
- California Dressage Society and U.S. Dressage Federation member since 1990
- Father served in United States Navy
- Brother serves as a Fire Captain in Orange County, California