Council Member, District 5
Personal Goal Statement
It is my goal to be a part of the vision, success, and growth of this thriving community while serving the residents of the city of Murrieta as a member of the City Council.
As a Council Member, I will ensure that Murrieta continues to be a safe place to raise a family, a city that welcomes small, medium, and large business opportunities, and a community that truly cares about the well-being of its residents and businesses. I want to help develop the future of Murrieta in a fiscally responsible way, keeping public safety as a top priority, and encourage the success of new and existing businesses. Serving on the City Council is a positive way for me to give back to the community that has supported and encouraged me and my family.
As a Council Member and engaged citizen, I conduct myself with integrity and commitment and I am true to those values in all that I do.
My five priority areas of focus include the following:
- Public Safety
- Economic Development
- Government Transparency
After raising their son, Kyle, and growing a thriving business in Orange County, Council Member Warren and her family made Murrieta their home in the fall of 2013. Her husband John was a Lieutenant in the United State Navy who served as a Riverboat Commander, Division 543 in Vietnam. During his service in Vietnam, he was exposed to Agent Orange and lost his life because of it. Council Member Warren and Kyle are extremely passionate supporters of our military and veterans.
Council Member Warren established her design print and promotional products business at the age of 24. This business continues to thrive today, 42 years later. Shortly after moving to Murrieta, she became a member of the Murrieta/Wildomar Chamber of Commerce and has been very active in leadership roles within the organization. Council Member Warren received the 2018 Ambassador of the Year Award and was recognized again in 2021 along with the entire Chamber Ambassador team.
Council Member Warren was honored to receive the 2020 Rotary Club of Temecula RAVE Award for Putting Service Above Self. She was also selected as the 2020 67th District Assemblymember’s Woman of the Year award and the 2021 Murrieta/Wildomar Chamber of Commerce Murrieta Citizen of the Year award.
Giving back to help others is a Warren family way of life, which gives them a joyful heart.
Current City-Related Agency, Committee, and Commission Assignments
- City Commission Application Interview Subcommittee
- Riverside County Transportation Commission, Delegate
- Riverside County Transportation Commission Budget and Implementation Committee, Delegate
- Riverside Transit Authority, Alternate Delegate
- Town Square Park and Amphitheater Subcommittee
Community Involvement (past and present)
- American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) Region 154: 1996 – 1997 Assistant Commissioner; 1998 – 2000 Commissioner
- Murrieta Fire & Rescue Citizen’s Academy graduate
- Murrieta Police Department Citizen’s Academy graduate
- Murrieta/Wildomar Chamber of Commerce: member since 2014; 2019 Annual Awards Silent Auction Committee Co-Chair; 2020 and 2021 Awards Celebration Committee Member; 2016 – 2021 Chamber Ambassador; 2020 – 2021 Ambassador Committee Chair
- Murrieta Festival of Trees – Distribution Volunteer Chair
- Annual charity golf tournament with all proceeds donated back to our community and to dozens of local nonprofits
- Michelle’s Place: Volunteer group leader leading a monthly grief support group, Hopes Pathway Through Grief.
- Annual school supply donation drive participant
- Murrieta Food Pantry holiday kit volunteer
- Neighbor to Neighbor Emergency Contact List Coordinator
- Professional Women’s Roundtable Organization: 2019 Joan Sparkman Unity Awards Committee; 2021 Scholarship Committee; 2021 Leadership Expo Committee Co-Chair; 2021 Vice President
- Rotary Club of Temecula: 2020 RAVE Award for Ethics in Business exemplifying the Rotary motto of Service Above Self
- 2019 – 2021 Murrieta Traffic Commission Commissioner: 2020 Vice Chair; 2021 Chair