Requirements for Obtaining a Concealed Carry Weapon License
- Must be a resident of the City of Murrieta (Penal Code § 26150 and Penal Code § 26155).
- Be at least 21 years of age (Penal Code § 29610).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Fully complete an application that will include substantial personal information-much of which may be subject to public access under the Public Records Act.
- Be free from criminal convictions that would disqualify the applicant from carrying a firearm-see DOJ Firearms Prohibiting Categories.
- Be of good moral character (Penal Code § 26150 and Penal Code § 26155).
- Show good cause for the issuance of the license (Penal Code § 26150 and Penal Code § 26155).
- Pay all associated application fees required by any third-party provider as well as fees required by the Department of Justice and the cost of the LiveScan (fees will not be refunded if the application is denied). The City of Murrieta does not currently charge any fees for issuance of a CCW other than the state fees which are paid to the state.
- Provide proof of ownership and registration of any firearm associated with the license.
- Be free from any psychological conditions that might make the applicant unsuitable for carrying a firearm (Penal Code § 26190).
- Complete required training (Penal Code § 26165).