Waste Prevention Tips
- Buy in bulk.
- Buy only what you need.
- Use dish towels instead of paper towels.
- Grasscycle lawn trimmings by leaving them directly on the lawn after mowing.
- Compost landscape trimmings and food scraps in a backyard composting bin.
- Remove your name from mailing lists.
- Use a cloth bag or reuse a brown paper bag to carry groceries.
- Donate usable but unwanted items to charitable organizations.
- Reuse plastic food containers.
- Donate wire coat hangers to participating dry cleaners.
- Donate food to local food banks.
- Aluminum cans, glass bottles/jars, plastic containers Number 1 to 6, cardboard and mixed paper can be recycled in the City's residential curbside collection program.
- Receive cash back for your beverage recyclables at participating buy back centers.
- Grass clippings, leaves, weeds, tree limbs/branches, and small cuttings from bushes and shrubs.
- Used motor oil can be recycled in the City's residential curbside collection program.