- City Manager's Office
- Environmental Programs
- Special Services
- Waste Prevention Tips
Waste Prevention Tips
- Buy in bulk.
- Buy only what you need.
- Use dish towels instead of paper towels.
- Grasscycle lawn trimmings by leaving them directly on the lawn after mowing.
- Compost landscape trimmings and food scraps in a backyard composting bin.
- Remove your name from mailing lists.
- Use a cloth bag or reuse a brown paper bag to carry groceries.
- Donate usable but unwanted items to charitable organizations.
- Reuse plastic food containers.
- Donate wire coat hangers to participating dry cleaners.
- Donate food to local food banks.
- Aluminum cans, glass bottles/jars, plastic containers Number 1 to 6, cardboard and mixed paper can be recycled in the City's residential curbside collection program.
- Receive cash back for your beverage recyclables at participating buy back centers.
- Grass clippings, leaves, weeds, tree limbs/branches, and small cuttings from bushes and shrubs.
- Used motor oil can be recycled in the City's residential curbside collection program.
For more information on local buy back centers and recyclers, please visit Earth 911 or checkout the City of Murrieta's Recycling Resources Brochure (PDF).