Murrieta Fire and Rescue Explorer Program is a youth program organized under the Boy Scouts of America. The program is designed to allow male and female youth, between the ages of 14 and 20, to explore a career in the fire service.
The explorers receive training similar to volunteer and professional firefighters, including basic:
- Auto extrication
- Hazardous materials
- Hose evolutions
- Ladder operations
- Medical emergencies
The training program is intense and demanding, however, the rewards increase character and the understanding of what it takes to pursue a career in the fire service.
We recently sent seven Murrieta Fire Explorers to the IEFEA Explorer Academy at Fort Irwin for the first time as an Explorer Post. View a Youtube video about this training. If you are interested in joining, visit our website or contact Engineer Mike Macalinao at 951-304-3473.
Joining the Fire Explorers benefit youth in the following ways:
- The opportunity to learn teamwork and leadership skills
- High school community service hours
- Competitive activities at Fire Explorer Musters
- Challenge, hard work, fun, and friendship
Requirements for Joining the Program
Basic Requirements for joining the Fire Explorers are:
- Between 14 and 20 years old
- Completion of the 8th grade
- 2.0 or better grade point average