Effective Wednesday, March 17, 2021: We will begin taking appointments for in-person counter services between 9 a.m. to noon. City Hall remains otherwise closed to the public.
Welcome to the Department of Public Work/Engineering! The department is responsible for a wide range of activities related to the development, maintenance and safety of the City’s infrastructure:
- Design, project management and inspection of capital improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain a Capital Improvement Plan.
- Review of the engineering and traffic proposals of private development plans.
- Research and apply for state and federal grants opportunities to offset the cost of projects.
- Maintenance of roads, the public right-of-way, traffic signals and signs, streetlights.
- Maintenance of City owned buildings, facilities, and parks.
- Counter services to facilitate the issuance of encroachment, grading, transportation and other types of permits.