Building & Safety Division
Building and Safety is responsible for monitoring and enforcing all building safety codes and regulations to protect the health, safety, and general welfare of the community. This includes:
- Information and direction on land development
- Plan Checks to ensure construction standards are met
- Building Inspections to ensure that improvements comply with approved plans
- Coordination with regional and State agencies
We recognize that the building permit review and inspection process can be complicating and cumbersome to navigate. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are here to assist you.
New submittals and resubmittals that are not over the counter are by appointment only. Please note that we will require the project to have an address and APN before plans are submitted to the Building Department. For an appointment call a permit technician at 951-461-6062 to schedule.
*New Senate Bill 9 went in to effect January 1, 2022. Please visit our forms and handouts section for information bulletin (IB-160), application (DS-158), and affidavits (DS-159-161).
- Do I need an appointment to submit my plans?
- How do I request a building inspection?
- Does someone need to be present at the job site for the inspection?
- What is required for Plan Review submittal?
- How do I know if my inspection was approved?
- If I have a problem or question, when can I talk to my Inspector?