District 2 Council Member
Term Expires: December 2026
Office Hours: Call for an Appointment
(951) 698-9885 Fax
Send an Email
Personal Goal Statement
I first experienced Murrieta as a child in 1964 when my grandparents bought an 8-acre ranch off Murrieta Road. I fell in love with this area and dreamed of moving here as an adult. That dream became a reality in 1986.
Murrieta is an excellent and unique community to live, work, and play and one of my top priorities is to ensure that it stays that way.
To accomplish this, my priorities are:
- Enhance and improve customer service and permit processing efficiency.
- Support our police and fire departments to maintain our safest city rating.
- Effectively communicate Murrieta’s unique attributes to the larger business community to attract high-quality new businesses.
- Bring common sense to all areas of city government.
I was born and raised in Southern California, spending my childhood and teen life in the San Pedro area.
I started working in gas stations as a mechanic when I was 16, and shortly before turning 18, I enlisted in the Air Force Reserves and was trained as a jet engine mechanic. After the Air Force training, I went to work as a heavy equipment mechanic working on cranes, trucks, and bulldozers. I also worked as the operations manager of a specialty car manufacturer in the early 80s until the company was purchased by Harley Davidson. During that time, I entered the auto racing environment and raced both amateur and professional races at racetracks all along the west coast. Several years after going back to work on heavy equipment, I was injured in 1987 from a tire explosion that caused the loss of my spleen, which is when I chose to leave the mechanic field.
I went to college and obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. During that time, I moved to Murrieta, designed and built my first home, got married to my current wife, who had 2 children from a previous marriage that I raised as my own, and opened an escrow company in Temecula. After successfully growing the company to the #1 spot, I sold it in 2001.
With 10 years of successful experience with personal investing, I obtained my securities license in 1996 and became an Investment Advisor. I have grown a successful practice over the last 3 decades by applying a holistic approach that focuses on each client's unique needs. I brought on my business partner in 2021 to handle the day-to-day operations of the business to allow me to semi-retire.
My wife, Karen, and I will be celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary in 2023, and we have been blessed with 5 grandchildren whose ages range from 13 to 17.
I am a Christian with faith and abilities given to me by God. It was God who makes all things possible, including being elected to City Council. Because of all that God has blessed me with, I look to serve others. As an elected member of the Council, I do not impose my beliefs on others as I was elected to represent all citizens of Murrieta, but it is because of those beliefs that I choose to serve the residents of Murrieta to the best of my abilities.
Current City-Related Commission and Committee Assignments
- Commission Appointment Council Sub-Committee
- Town Square Park Amphitheater Council Sub-Committee
- Local Agency Formation Committee Designee
- Western Riverside Council of Governments Designee
- Riverside County Transportation Commission Alternate
- Regional Conservation Authority Alternate
Community Involvement (past and present)
- Current Treasurer of Promise Lutheran Church, Inc.
- Former Board Member and Chair of the Murrieta Steering Committee
- Former Board Member and Treasurer of the Murrieta Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member and Treasurer of the Murrieta Valley Foundation
- Former Board Member and Treasurer of Calvary Sunrise Murrieta
- Former Nominee for Murrieta Citizen of the Year
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from North Central University
- Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies from Palomar College
- Series 24 General Securities Principal
- Series 7 General Securities Representative
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent