AB-38 Defensible Space Inspections
Effective January 1, 2021 Murrieta Fire & Rescue will be conducting Defensible Space Inspections (DSI) for those homes sold within the Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone, per the guidelines of Assembly Bill 38.
To schedule AB-38 DEFENSIBLE SPACE INSPECTIONS for real estate sales within the City:
- CLICK HERE to request and pay for your AB-38 Defensible Space inspection.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is a $244.00 INSPECTION FEE due PRIOR TO INSPECTION SCHEDULING.
- Property owners are required to schedule inspections and be present during the inspection.
- Real Estate agents CANNOT schedule an inspection.
- It is the responsibility of the property owner to verify the property is located within the City. Inspection fees will not be refunded for inspections performed on properties found to be located outside of the City of Murrieta.
ASSEMBLY BILL NO. 38 Chapter 391 - Wood. Fire Safety; low-cost retrofits; regional capacity review; wildfire mitigation
CAL FIRE - DEFENSIBLE SPACE for County Residence (not City):