Dr. Lisa DeForest
Mayor, District 3 Council Member
Term Expires: December 2024
Office Hours: Call for an Appointment
(951) 698-9885 Fax
Personal Goal Statement
I believe that municipal government should provide the same value of service I provide to my patients. For me, that means taking a common-sense approach to tackle issues head-on, asking insightful questions, renegotiating bad contracts, and holding our City accountable to all residents and businesses. I am known for doing my homework, listening to people, addressing their concerns, researching the issues, and getting pragmatic results.
My Priorities Include:
- Advocating for Financial Accountability, Budget Management
- Ensuring a Safe Community
- Mitigating Traffic and Congestion
- Supporting the Growth and Development of Old Town Murrieta
- Advocating for Small Businesses
- Improving the ability to attract new businesses and jobs
- Enhancing Economic Development
- Providing Transparent/Accessible Leadership
- Supporting the community as the effects of COVID-19 continue to impact residents and businesses.
Council Member DeForest and her husband, Lance, have been married for more than 20 years and have two sons. The family chose to move to Murrieta for the high-quality schools and raise their family in a city known for outstanding public safety.
Community-minded at heart, she has served as a Trustee for the Hemet Unified School District. She has acted as President of the Western Science Center, United Way Women’s Leadership Council, and Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce, to name a few. DeForest has been in private practice for 23 years, running two successful practices. In that role, she earned several top doctor awards and was named number one in the Inland Empire by the Press-Enterprise.
Current City-Related Agency and Committee Assignments
- Riverside County Habitat Conservation Agency
- Riverside County Transportation Commission, Alternate
- Administration and Finance Ad-Hoc Subcommittee
- Legislative Workgroup Ad-Hoc Subcommittee
- Water and Sewer Ad-Hoc Subcommittee
Community Involvement (past and present)
- Hemet Unified School District Trustee, 2008 to 2015
- Murrieta Valley Boys Lacrosse, Board President 2014-2017
- Murrieta/Wildomar Chamber of Commerce, Member 2017 to present
- Los Angeles College of Chiropractic – Doctor of Chiropractic
- Cal Poly Pomona - M.S., Biology (pending thesis)
- Cal Poly Pomona – B.S., Microbiology, Chemistry
- Riverside City College – A.A., Science