Council Member, District 4
Term Expires: December 2024
Office Hours: Call for an Appointment
(951) 698-9885 Fax
Personal Goal Statement
Since moving to Murrieta in 1976, I have watched Murrieta grow from a small town to the Gem of the Valley it is today. As a newly-elected Council Member for the residents of Murrieta, I will bring many years of experience as a successful business owner to my new role in government. I believe strongly in a private-public partnership, as our community continues to grow.
My top three priorities as a Council Member include:
- Continue to support our public safety to ensure we remain in the top five safest cities in the nation.
- Provide support for economic development. This includes implementing a new sewer, drain and water system in order to build new infrastructure for our downtown to thrive and bring tax income, jobs and amenities to our community. We also need to turn our focus back to the Golden Triangle, which is the last prime piece of property in Southern California.
- Work with our Chamber of Commerce and businesses as the City is in recovery mode. ALL businesses that provide a product or service are essential!
Council Member Stone was born in Anaheim, California, and later moved to Murrieta in 1976. Immediately following graduation from Hemet High School with an emphasis in ROP/cosmetology, She opened her first beauty supply and salon at the age of 24 in Temecula, and later had five locations, two in Temecula, one in Murrieta, Lake Elsinore and Menifee. Nearly two decades later, she sold all five to focus energy on her family.
She donated her time and effort for almost a decade to Riverside County, Jeff Stone, Supervisor 3rd District as Legislative Assistant for Women’s issues, and advocated on many social issues such as domestic violence, homelessness, breast cancer research and sexual assault, to name a few. During that time Stone was appointed by former District Attorney Rod Pecheco and former Sheriff Stan Sniff to become their spokesperson the S.A.F.E Team (Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement Task Force), travelling throughout Riverside to speak to non-profit and service clubs about how to keep children safe from sex offenders.
She has two sons who proudly serve the United States Navy. The eldest son is an Aircraft Commander and the youngest son is in the Nuclear Power Program and is happy to be a #ProudNavyMom. Council Member Stone also has one granddaughter who is the light of her life and two Labradoodles who make her smile every day.
Currently, she owns and operates Innovative Political Solutions, a political campaign management company for candidates running for various government positions.
Current City-Related Commission and Committee Assignments
- Animal Control JPA, alternate
- Western Riverside Council of Governments
- Economic Development Ad-Hoc Subcommittee
- Legislative Workgroup
Community Involvement (past and present)
- Murrieta Chamber Business of the Year
- Murrieta Chamber of Commerce, Executive Board, Secretary
- North County Times, Women of Merit
- Temecula Chamber of Commerce, Citizen of the Year
- Rotary Foundation of Rotary International, Paul Harris Fellow
- Founding Board Member of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Chairwoman & Board Member
- Inaugural Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Chairwoman
- Founding Board Member of the Race for Humanity Foundation, Chairwoman
- Inaugural Chairwoman for the Race for Humanity Spokesperson for the S.A.F.E Team (Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement Task Force)
- Advisory Board for SAFE, Alternatives for Domestic Violence
- Advisory Board for SART, Sexual Assault Response Team
- Advocate for the Homeless. Google Lori Stone Homeless (youtube)
- Riverside County Commission For Woman, Chairwoman, & Commissioner