Business Loans and Grants
City of Murrieta Back-to-Business Grants: 2021
On January 19, 2021, the City Council approved an additional $90k in Back to Business Grant funding. The City will review unfunded applications to determine eligibility and reach out directly to applicants. If funding remains, the City will re-open applications. Watch this page and the City's social media for more information.
Questions: Email Scott Agajanian on the Back-to-Business Team or call 951-461-6003.
Back-to-Business Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Be a for-profit business physically located within the City of Murrieta (view Map)
- Business must have an existing City business license
- Must have a commercial site in the City and not be a home-based business
- The business has been located and operating in Murrieta for at least a year from the date of the application
- Business has 15 employees or less (not including the owner)
- Business and owner must be in good standing with the City
- Business must be able to show a need for funding
- At least 51% of employees must meet income guidelines (see below)
- Download the Back-to-Business Grant flyer
Some resources may not be listed. Please contact Scott Agajanian for help navigating local, state and regional grants and loan programs for business.
Grant and Loan Resources
Riverside County Programs
IECF Non-Profit Grants
Grants from $2.5K - $10K
50 employees or less are encouraged to apply.
Loans up to $15K
Small Business Grant
COVID Relief Grants (Opened December 30, 2020)
Grants up to $25K
Main Street Lending Program
Loans: $500K - $10M
Cares Act: Payroll Protection Program
Apply through lender or online
Cares Act Online Information
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan
Currently limited to agricultural businesses.
SBA Loans Online Information
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
For self-employed, independent contractors and gig workers