To help stop identity theft and as a service to our residents, the City of Murrieta City Clerk Department is hosting a FREE Document On-Site Shredding Event. The event will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. or until the truck is filled to capacity. Residents may bring up to FIVE banker-sized boxes per trip, to the back parking lot of City Hall.
Items that may be included are paper documents such as legal, medical, financial, tax, bank, photos, and credit card statements (no need to remove staples or paper clips). Residents may also bring credit cards and CDs. No businesses please.
For more information on this event, please call (951) 461-6013.
· The City approved the development of a two story office building on Ivy Street for the establishment of the corporate offices for Beshay Foods, a national restaurant franchise group which owns hundreds of restaurants nation-wide, including Corner Bakery Cafes, Jack-in-the-Box, and Denny's. The City is proud that this company chose Murrieta as the location for their corporate headquarters.
· The Ultimate Pizza Brewery is locating in the former Brewligion space at the Murrieta Crossings Shopping Center (the former "furniture row") at Los Alamos and I-215. This new business helps the City in its efforts to promote the growth of additional entertainment-related businesses in this center. Ultimate will become the 4th brewery in the City, joining Electric Brewing Company, Bulldog Brewery and Garage Brewing Company. Garage is currently constructing their large production facility in the South Murrieta Business Corridor.
· Anthem Memory Care is under construction on Washington Street, bringing additional senior healthcare facilities to the community. The Renaissance Village senior healthcare development is being developed on Jackson Avenue across from The Colony. These developments join the Loma Linda University Medical Center-Murrieta, the planned Kaiser Permanente Murrieta Valley project, the Rancho Springs Medical Center, the proposed Rady Children's Hospital pediatrics facility, HumanaHealth, and the Riverside Medical Clinic facilities. As a result, Murrieta is well on its way to meeting its economic development goal of becoming the healthcare center for Southwest Riverside County.
· Hollywood South Studios located at 41133 Golden Gate Circle in Murrieta has announced that they are accepting enrollments now for a 15 week sound and media arts workshop program at their media production academy. Hollywood South serves as a "filmmaker's incubator", helping to grow this creative industry in Murrieta.
· The KTM Motorcycles of Murrieta and the BMW Motorcycle of Murrieta showrooms are now open for business on the 26000 block of Jefferson Avenue in the South Murrieta Business Corridor, helping to create an upscale motorcycle "mall" in this area of the community. The Chicago-based dealership is owned by CJ Wilson, the well-known Angels baseball pitcher.
· The City – working in partnership with the Murrieta Valley Unified School District and the Murrieta Chamber – held the Murrieta Community Technology Expo in October at Murrieta Mesa High School to showcase new student and industry technologies being developed in Murrieta.
· The Hat, the Alhambra iconic restaurant, just opened in the Sam’s Club Shopping Center.
· The first Dunkin Donuts in Southwest Riverside County is under construction on Murrieta Hot Springs Road.
· Loma Linda University Medical Center-Murrieta announced that its new Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center received national accreditation with the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS), a nonprofit international organization that serves as a primary source of scientific information for divers and hyperbaric medicine physiology. Of the nearly 1,000 wound centers in the US, less than 180 of those hyperbaric programs have achieved UHMS accreditation. This award demonstrates LLUMC-Murrieta’s focus on patient-clinician safety and quality care. The Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center is located in the Professional Office Building adjacent to the Loma Linda University Medical Center-Murrieta hospital building. Doctors prescribe hyperbaric oxygen therapy as a medical treatment to enhance the body’s natural healing process. “