To help stop identity theft and as a service to our residents, the City of Murrieta City Clerk Department is hosting a FREE Document On-Site Shredding Event. The event will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. or until the truck is filled to capacity. Residents may bring up to FIVE banker-sized boxes per trip, to the back parking lot of City Hall.
Items that may be included are paper documents such as legal, medical, financial, tax, bank, photos, and credit card statements (no need to remove staples or paper clips). Residents may also bring credit cards and CDs. No businesses please.
For more information on this event, please call (951) 461-6013.
This is what we have coming up:
- On Friday, September 11, the City of Murrieta will pay tribute to those that perished on September 11, 2001 in a remembrance ceremony at Town Square Park beginning at dusk. The public will be encouraged to attend and reflect on the occasion.
- Purple Heart Day will be observed on Friday, September 18, this year. The City will be flying the Purple Heart flag at Town Square Park the week leading up to and including National POW/MIA Recognition Day.
- Get Shamrocked is a three-day Irish Music Festival event set for Friday, September 18, through Sunday, September 20, at Town Square Park. Friday and Saturday events are for 21 and over with Sunday’s festivities geared more for the family. Gates open 5 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Get Shamrocked is organized by the Murrieta Chamber of Commerce and celebrates all things Irish. Go to www.getshamrocked.com for more information.
- With Murrieta's Halloween Costume Exchange, gently worn costumes may be dropped off from September 24, through October 6, at the Murrieta Senior Center or at Murrieta City Hall. "Shopping Day" is scheduled for Wednesday, October 7, 2015 from 5 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Murrieta Senior Center. The flyer can be found at www.murrieta.org/events
- The folks who put on the Original Lobster Festival in Long Beach are branching out to Murrieta. This event is set for Friday, September 25, through Sunday, September 27, and will take place at Town Square Park. It is billed as a three-day drinking, dining, dancing, and family-fun festival, featuring fresh lobsters flown in from Maine daily, steamed in the world’s largest lobster steamer. It will have dance bands on the main stage, entertainment for the children on the small stage, and an international food court. The event will be fenced with paid admission. Additional details are available at their website: https://www.murrietalobsterfestival.com
- The 4th Annual Paws 4 Law fundraising event is set for Saturday, October 10 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Town Square Park. Activities include food, vendors, K-9 demonstrations, face painting, family activities, and music. FREE to the public. Additional details are available on the Paws 4 Law Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1014393055246407.
- The Murrieta Rod Run event benefitting the Oak Grove Center is set to take place Friday, October 16 and Saturday, October 17 along Washington Avenue in downtown Murrieta. Friday’s event is the Cruise Night from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday’s event is the Rod Run vehicle showcase from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., where the public can get a closer look at the classic cars, peek under the hood, and talk to the owners. The event is FREE to the public with music and entertainment as well as lots of food and vendors. Additional details are available at their website: http://www.murrietarodrun.com
- Murrieta's Fall Festival is set for Saturday, October 24 from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at California Oaks Sports Park. The event will host carnival style games, food vendors, candy, and prizes. Cost is $3 per participant. Visit www.murrieta.org/events for the flyer.
- The Temecula/Murrieta Half Marathon and 5K is to take place Sunday, October 25 from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. with both races beginning and ending at Town Square Park. This event sponsored by Sandy Feet Events, Inc. and in support of the Rose Again Foundation will also include activities at Town Square Park including music and food. Additional details are available at their website: http://sandyfeetevents.com/temecula-half-marathon-5k.
- The Rotary Club of Murrieta is set to Field of Honor with 2,015 American flags flying in perfect rows and columns will be on display from November 7 through November 14 at Town Square Park. These flags honor veterans, including active-duty military personnel, police, firefighters, and other first responders who protect our freedom and security. During the week the flags are flying, there will be several events taking place, including:
November 7 – Field installation and chalk art painting
November 8 – Opening ceremonies (1 p.m.), and chalk art
November 9 – Rotary veterans lunch (12 noon) by invitation only
November 10 – Marine Corps birthday celebration (12 noon), Candlelight Concert (6 p.m.)
November 9, 10, 12, and 13 – Fifth graders field trip visit to the Field of Honor
November 13 – Boys Scouts’ flag retiring
November 14 –Patriots’ Ball (6 p.m. – vacant lot at Town Square Park)
- Murrieta’s 13th Annual Veterans Day Parade is on Wednesday, November 11 and steps off at 10 a.m. immediately following the national Anthem and flyover. Parade begins at Washington Avenue and Ivy Street, travels north turning east on B Street and concluding at Town Square Park. Please visit www.murrieta.org/events for the flyer.
- In honor of the four Murrieta sons who gave the ultimate sacrifice in defense of this nation and/or in aid to others, the City of Murrieta is planning to unveil and dedicate its Local Heroes Monument on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 following the conclusion of the Veterans Day Parade. Murrieta’s Fallen Heroes include: Nicolas Hugh Joseph Gideon, PFC Army; Eric E. Williams, Sgt Army; Clinton Keith Ruiz, Sgt Army; Eric M. Seaman, Sgt Marines. The Local Heroes Monument is to be located at Town Square Park in the landscape area between the City Hall and the Police Department buildings directly behind the flag poles near the Honor Garden.
· The City of Murrieta’s Holiday Magic program includes various activities. The flyers for the activities below can be found at www.murrieta.org/events (some holiday activities do not have much information yet but will be announced shortly)
- Festival of Trees & Hometown Holiday Parade – Saturday, November 28 from 4 pm to 8:00 p.m.; the parade begins at 5 p.m. at the corner of Kalmia and Washington, turns east on B Street and then loops into Town Square Park.
- Deck the Halls Holiday Home Decorating Contest – Enter by December 7 by 5 pm
- Letters from Santa – Letters available for download beginning November 30
- Santa’s Visits – Neighborhood stops with Santa, elves, characters, and choirs takes place December 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16
- Holiday Food and Toy Drive – Collections accepted from November 30 to December 21