To help stop identity theft and as a service to our residents, the City of Murrieta City Clerk Department is hosting a FREE Document On-Site Shredding Event. The event will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. or until the truck is filled to capacity. Residents may bring up to FIVE banker-sized boxes per trip, to the back parking lot of City Hall.
Items that may be included are paper documents such as legal, medical, financial, tax, bank, photos, and credit card statements (no need to remove staples or paper clips). Residents may also bring credit cards and CDs. No businesses please.
For more information on this event, please call (951) 461-6013.
MURRIETA, CA – The 2014 “Paws to Read!” Teen Summer Reading Program starts on Monday, June 16 for grades 7 – 12 with the opportunity for teens to read books from the Murrieta Library to earn money for Animal Friends of the Valleys, the local animal shelter, and to get their name in the Reading Prize Drawing. They can also earn seven points by reading and participating in teen activities to be eligible for the Finale Party Drawing. Pick up your Teen Reading Card at the Adult Information Desk beginning June 16 and start reading!
• Caption the Memes - June 16 to July 1. Look at the meme pictures, caption one or more and submit your entry.
• Digital Camera & Digital Photography Basics - Tuesday, June 17 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Bring your camera!
• Just Duct Tape It! - Thursday, June 26 at 2 p.m. Create a masterpiece.
• Photography: Tips & Tricks to Shoot Like a Pro - Tuesday, July 1 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Bring a photo you have taken and your camera!
• Caption the Memes - July 5 to July 19. Vote for your favorite captioned meme.
• Sushilicious - Thursday, July 10 at 2 p.m. Create sushi and eat it! Space is limited to 30 participants and passes are available 30 minutes beforehand at the Adult Information Desk.
• “Paws to Read!” Finale Party - Thursday, July 24 at 2 p.m. Pizza! Ice Cream! Prizes for ALL!
These events are free and open to the public and are sponsored by the Friends of the Murrieta Library. The Murrieta Public Library is located at 8 Town Square (Adams Avenue and Kalmia Street). For more information about the program call (951) 304-BOOK (2665) or visit the Library’s web page at www.murrietalibrary.info.