Meetings take place the 3rd Wednesday of month at 6:00 p.m., and are held in the Council Chambers located at
1 Town Square,
Murrieta, CA 92562
- Advise the City Council on traffic issues including automobiles, public transit, pedestrians, and individual wheeled transportation aids such as bicycles, scooters, and wheelchairs;
- Annually provide the City Council an updated priority list of projects that reflect the Circulation Element goals of the General Plan;
- Review City studies related to speed limits and make recommendations to the City Council;
- Exercise decision-making authority over and conduct periodic reviews of the Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (NTMP), including traffic management measures to be implemented and authorization of NTMP funds;
- Provide review and advice to City Council concerning proposals involving public transit issues;
- Exercise decision-making authority and allocation of funds for priority signal ranking;
- For activities within the public right-of-way not subject to administrative permit procedure, such as encroachments, provide advice to the City Council;
- Advise the City Council on traffic management issues which require approval by the City Council including, but not limited to, traffic circulation matters such as traffic light synchronization, special traffic studies, and special parking studies; and
- Act as an advisory body for City staff regarding landscaped median improvement projects within the public right-of-way.
In compliance with the requirements of the Maddy Act, Government Code Section 54972, please visit the Commissions & Committees page to access the City’s Local Appointment List and current vacancies. To be eligible for appointment to a board or commission, a person must: 1) be registered to vote within the City; and 2) not be an employee of the City.
Please note the names on this list are subject to change based on term expirations and resignations that occur during the year. Please refer to the corresponding board or commission page for current membership.