Veterans Resources & Information
The City of Murrieta is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment for its military veterans, and their families. This Veterans Resource Center page is designed to provide support for all our veterans and active military personnel, and their families, in navigating their transition to civilian life.
If you don't already live in Murrieta, you should know that Murrieta was named a "2014 Top Community for Military Families" by the Press Enterprise. Murrieta was given this designation for its strong sense of community, numerous programs honoring those who serve in the military and schools ranked in the top>10% in the nation! Read more about how Murrieta appreciates your service.
Military-Themed Special Events
Not only does Murrieta offer a high quality of life for its residents, but the City holds several military-themed special events throughout the year, such as a:
- Lavish Mother's Day brunch honoring military women and military moms
- Moving Memorial Day ceremony
- Veterans Day Parade recognizing all branches of the military
- Field of Honor presented by the Rotary Club of Murrieta with over 2,000 full sized American flags representing veterans, active-duty personnel, Bronze Star recipients, and public safety personnel
- 9/11 ceremony paying 9/11 ceremony paying tribute to those that perished on September 11, 2001
Murrieta Town Square Park is also home to the Veterans Memorial. A tall, granite obelisk stands proudly above a series of walls depicting dramatic and emotional imagery of our men and women who have served and sacrificed in our nation's defense.
If you are a veteran interested in services and information, please visit our Resource Centers.
VA Loma Linda Healthcare System is offering a free Veteran transportation bus system for those residing in the Murrieta area that have medical appointments at the main medical center. This new transportation system will provide Veterans with a safe, expedited round trip to and from the VA, without the worry of driving in themselves or taking a 3 hour bus ride.
For more information on local and global military news and events, visit the following websites: