Welcome to the Department of Public Work/Engineering! The department is responsible for a wide range of activities related to the development, maintenance, and safety of the City’s infrastructure:
- Design, project management, and inspection of capital improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain a Capital Improvement Plan.
- Review of the engineering and traffic proposals of private development plans.
- Research and apply for state and federal grant opportunities to offset the cost of projects.
- Maintenance of roads, the public right-of-way, traffic signals and signs, streetlights.
- Maintenance of City-owned buildings, facilities, and parks.
- Counter services to facilitate the issuance of encroachment, grading, transportation, and other types of permits.